DELIVERY METHOD – Instructor-led
AUDIENCE – This class is intended for the following participants:
- Individuals planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud Platform.
- Developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Executives and business decision makers evaluating the potential of Google Cloud Platform to address their business needs.
PREREQUISITES – Familiarity with application development, systems operations, Linux operating systems,
and data analytics is helpful in understanding the technologies covered.
COURSE OUTLINE – The course includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform :2 hour
- Explain the advantages of Google Cloud Platform
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Understand the difference between Infrastructure-as-a- Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
- Lab: Sign Up for the Free Trial and Create a Project.
Module 2: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform:1 hour
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud Platform.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management.
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform.
Module 3: Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore:1 hour
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine and Google Cloud Datastore.
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using App Engine and Cloud Datastore.
Module 4: Google Cloud Platform Storage Options:1 hour
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for: Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and Google Cloud Bigtable.
- Learn how to choose between the various storage options on Google Cloud Platform.
- Lab: Integrating Applications with Google Cloud Storage.
Module 5: Google Container Engine:1 hour
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Container Engine and Kubernetes.
- Deploying Applications Using Google Container Engine.
Module 6: Google Compute Engine and Networking:1 hour
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Understand the various Google Cloud Platform networking and operational tools and services.
- Lab: Deploying Applications Using Google Compute Engine.
Module 7: Big Data and Machine Learning:1 hour
- Understand the purpose of and use cases for the products and services in the Google Cloud big data and machine learning platforms.
- Lab: Getting Started with